Make sure to take this fantastic camping recipe with you on your first trips of the year! When you’re out in your new or used RV, don’t skimp on the most important meal of the day. These breakfast sandwiches are easy to make and assemble, and even pack along when you hit the trails. It’s fully customizable to your preferences, too!
Hearty Breakfast Sandwiches
- Bread choices: Bagels, English muffins, and croissants are all great options. Split and separate in advance if they aren’t already split.
- Eggs: one per sammie
- Meat: bacon, sliced lunchmeat ham, or sausage. Pro tip: use pre-cooked bacon slices (find it in the deli section) that you can easily heat and eat. I also like to pre-cook sausage patties and keep them refrigerated in a food storage container until ready to use.
- Cheese: Want to get fancy? Pick something like Gouda, Monterey Jack, Swiss, Cheddar, or Pepper Jack. Keeping it simple? American cheese is a great option, too!
- Spreads: Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, salsa, or cranberry jam
- Veggie toppings: sliced avocado, sliced tomato, mushrooms, bell peppers, cucumbers, sprouts…the sky is the limit!
- Scramble or fry the eggs the way you want them. Remove from heat and set aside.
- While the eggs are cooking, toast bread if desired and lightly butter. Heat the meats through in the microwave.
- Layer a slice of cheese on one piece of bread, and place any spreads/toppings on the other piece of bread.
- Place meat/eggs on the open face of the sandwich and stack both sides together. Bon Appetit!
One reason my family loves these sandwiches is that it is accommodating for both adventurous and picky eaters. Everyone gets to have their sandwich exactly the way they like it! And if you pre-cook all of your meats, it means the whole sandwich can come together in the time it takes to cook an egg. Pair with a cup of coffee around the campfire and your day is off to the best start possible!